Tiffany’s Venison Corn ChowderNovember 15, 2022
Cozy up to a big bowl of homemade venison corn chowder this fall.
Longtime Colorado River Land Trust supporter, Tiffany Osburn’s simple yet decadent chowder brings together hearty venison with the sweetness of summer corn –a true crowd pleaser all year long but certainly a favorite during these cold Texas days – and nights!
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed
- One small yellow onion
- One red bell pepper
- 1 pound ground venison
- 2 cans cream corn
- 1 can cream of chicken
- 1 can of rotel
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup of chicken stock
1. Boil potatoes until softened, strain and set aside
2. Add one tablespoon of butter to a Dutch oven and let it melt
3. Add the venison to the Dutch oven until it browns and renders fat. Remove the venison from the stove and set aside on a plate.
4. Sautee the veggies (onion and bell pepper) in the venison grease until softened.
5. Add the soft, boiled potatoes to the sautéed veggies and add black pepper and cayenne pepper. Let simmer until the cayenne is fragrant.
6. Add rotel, creamed corn, cream of chicken into the pot and simmer for 3 minutes.
7. Add the chicken stock and let simmer uncovered for another 3 minutes
8. Add sour cream and venison back to the Dutch over and stir until it’s combined
9. Serve in warm bowls garnished with parsley
December 1, 2022
October 13, 2022
August 12, 2022
July 12, 2022